Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Doctor visit

I guess I am lucky to say I only need to take one medication.
But, it is this one medication that is causing me to not feel well.
I am required to take it for another year.

The doctor has suggested my taking two weeks off,
and she gave me some sleeping pill aids to try and see if I could get a good nights rest.

My dilemma...
the medication is for Cancer Preventative.
I had cancer in 2013.
It is a 50/50 chance...if I stop taking the medicine and the Cancer returns
I will feel like it was my fault.
Even if I take the medication for another year there is no great guaranty 
that the cancer will never return.

The medication is causing me my headaches,
sleepless nights, indigestion,
weight gain, higher blood pressure
and aches and pains.

The easy answer is to stop taking the medicine.
But, I am not so sure it is the right answer.

I am taking the two weeks off the medication and meeting with my doctor.
We will decide then what direction I will take.
Maybe I will continue on with the medication
if she can still provide me with sleep aids.

This has been a long road that I have traveled.
I have done all that they have prescribed or suggested.

Please say a prayer for me that I can make the right decision.

In the meantime I will try and get a good nights sleep,
I need to try and walk and keep active.
Eating healthy is good advice too.

So I am not sure how much craft time I will squeeze in each day.
If I finish something I will try and make a post now and then.

I do want to say a special Thank You 
to all who left me such nice messages 
on my previous post.
They were very much appreciated.

~ Sandra ~

10 comments:

  1. Dear Sandra,

    I am so sorry to learn of your plight here. I have a close friend who had breast cancer and fought many of the same battles you are fighting. It is a struggle. She has found though that keeping active and a change in her diet has helped tremendously. You continue to be in my prayers over the next two weeks while you pray for God's leading in this decision. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sandra,
    Please accept my prayers as you face this difficult decision.
    May God guide you, and hold you in the palm of HIs hand.
    Hugs from Pa, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon. Prayers and thoughts with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to know what to do about medications...d----- if we do, and d----- if we don't! I hope you get all of this worked out so you can rest and get to feeling better. I will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandra ... I want you to know that you will continue to be in my thoughts and in my prayers. I especially will pray for good rest. So many times if we are rested it makes it easier to make important decisions. Praying for you. Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. That is a tough decision to have to make. I'm so sorry. I hope you get some rest. Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete
  7. A hard time to get through - may you come out on the other side refreshed and feeling much better. Medical decisions are often hard to make -hope all turns out well with you. Maybe some short naps - I always enjoy a good nap - feels like I'm cheating and so I think they feel even more restful when I can snatch them here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry, Sandra that you have to deal with this and have to think about such a tough decision. But I'm sure that you will find out together with your doctor what is good for you. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra, Sorry to hear about this. Medications can have such horrible side effects.
    Two weeks off the medication and a consult with the doctor may show things in a different light. You will make the right decision. I have faith in you! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with me; they are appreciated.